Sunday, August 22, 2010

Free Laptop, Chapter 2

wOot...I'm ready to click the blinky CLICK HERE.  This makes me so excited it's sad.  Let's pause briefly and take in the moment.

satisfaction guaranteed. oh, i believe you. you wouldn't lie to me, free laptop, would you?
OK, wait a minute.  What is this?

*Sigh*  Stand down, troops.  The journey is temporarily postponed while we investigate these possible pits of dollar-death-causing quicksand.



Wow, so it starts at the very first click.  Right here, I am giving my phone number, and agreeing to allow this list of companies to call and/or text and/or e-mail me.


Thanks to my spam cupboard e-mail and SPC phone app, I'm so not concerned about any of this.  Plus, I have no problem harassing any poor telemarketers that get me on their auto-dialer.  I used to be a telemarketer, dude.  I know you're playing rock/paper/scissors with your neighbor as we speak and you have no interest whatsoever in whether or not I'm picking up what you're putting down.  Pity the sucker who gets me on the line and tries to get me to subscribe to Mountain Bike Weekly for $50 a month.  I don't like mountain bikes.

Buh-ring it.


*


1 comment:

  1. "I don't like mountain bikes..." Funny stuff. I just got my 1st laptop a few weeks ago! I feel so grown up. Thanks for commenting & following my blog.

    ReplyDelete